Thursday, May 3, 2012

Module 8: MVMs

My husband and I have been together for nearly 30 years and we really do not have a good concept of what the other does. We see the hard work each puts into the job. He will often take me to a grand opening of the office or restaurant he has just finished and I can ooh and ahh with the rest of the visitors. He does fabulous work. Each time I take an extended trip to some remote part of the world, I will return to a remodeled bathroom or bedroom, a new deck, or a rock garden. However, I often don't participate in the process.

Last night I showed my husband my EDU 762 Final Project. It was fun to listen to him ooh and ahh over my work. Web pages are still a mystery to him and the idea that his wife builds them is as amazing to him as his work is to me. I don't think we will ever truly understand how the other does what we do, but it is so much fun to view the finished product together.

My learning moments this week came through self-reflection based on the climate of my workplace and something my husband said to me as he reviewed my project. Both require me to dig deep into my psyche and determine what I want to do when I grow up. At this point in my life, that really means what I am going to do with my skills and aspirations now that I am on the verge of retirement.

What is next for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment