Saturday, April 7, 2012

Module 4: MVMs

This week was about team projects. But my MVMs for this week are not about team projects. I headed an audit team when I was 25 years old and have been a group leader, supervisor, manager, team leader, committee chair, and team player since then. Teamwork is a necessary part of business. I don't like it and I don't dislike it. It is simply a part of life. We participate in teams at work, school, sports activities and volunteer community work. When I was young and trying to make my mark the corporate world, I was quick to volunteer to lead a committee. Now that I am old and have no need to be in the spotlight, it is my purpose to support the efforts of younger members looking for opportunities to prove themselves. I consider it my responsibility and privilege to help them become better. I hope I do that by delivering my part on time, helping others when needed, stepping in when asked, and by not taking over when the team struggles.

The project team of which I was a part for our assessment toolbox did a very nice job. Everyone pulled together and stepped in as needed to do what was needed. I am pleased to have worked with Mare, Martha and Karen. I hope you will visit the Team Sprocket Assessment Toolbox

My most valuable moments this week came in doing the research for my own portion of the project. Sir Ken Robinson states at the end of the video that I have embedded below that we should tread softly when others lay their dreams at our feet. He reminded me how important it is to encourage students to achieve in all our interactions with them. How we behave towards and communicate with them can impact their faith in their own ability to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment