Saturday, April 21, 2012

Module 6: MVMs

This has been one crazy week. And I am legally prohibited from talking about it. Oh well, been there before. Hopefully telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth will prevail again.

Our readings this week were very interesting. I particularly enjoyed the readings on scaffolding. The article on scaffolding from wikipedia only whet my appetite and I found a particularly interesting article at the University of Georgia on Scaffolding - Emerging Perspective. The concepts of both scaffolding and cybercoaching just made good sense to me. I don't know where I learned to do scaffolding, but it I find that I do it often in my classes.

We also created a pre-course survey. I did one on SurveyMonkey that incorporated several elements that I already use in my classes. I normally have students write an introduction, do a self-assessment, and write a computer plan. Each of the items gives me a valuable piece of information and utilize a different tool in our LMS. I will likely continue to use them for most of my classes; however, I may rewrite this one and use it in my Web 2.0 Tools class. I invite you to give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment